Saturday 4 September 2010

Christine Mustchin - where are we now?

I have been summarising marketing achievements and noting things to do for the future. It has been helpful writing a report to myself so that I know exactly where I am now and what needs to be done. Briefly the book is in 4 independent bookshops, available online and one book signing has been completed. I have had a mention of the book in the local newspaper and two reviews are to be done in a local magazine and in the Self Publishing Magazine. There is one review posted on Amazon.

For the future I have another book signing arranged at Watersone's Haywards Heath and am contacting two other branches. I have written to 3 book bloggers requesting that they review the book - no replies as yet. I have submitted a feature to a Writers' News Magazine and am considering contacting another local paper with a short piece which will include mention of my father who has been such a support. Advertising is a possibility and I am waiting on a contact from the marketing department of Matador about this.

Some feedback is coming in which is always a critical time. I shall now take some time out to consider what else I should/wish to do and for how long. 6-9 months seems to be the time span used by the wholesalers which gives an idea of when one should give up and accept that it is moment to move on. Christine Mustchin.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Christine, I first read about you in November's edition of Writers' News. How are you finding the self-publishing route in terms of individual bookshop responses and the time commitment as a one-writer-band?

    Regards,

    Derek

    ReplyDelete