Friday 22 April 2011

Waterstone revisited by Christine Mustchin

Back to book signings as I still have stock to sell. Actually I am getting to like the signings and the last one at Waterstone's Eastbourne was a very positive experience. The staff went out of their way to publicise the event including a board outside the shop with chalk drawing of the cover of From Nemesis Island. They were really helpful and friendly - something that I have encountered in all the Waterstone's shops in which I have done signings. This time, though, they were taking photos - made me feel quite special. I was pleased that I managed to sell all the copies that they'd ordered. It was, as usual 5 hours + on my feet talking to people but everyone I spoke to seemed genuinely interested, even if they didn't buy the book. This Saturday it's Portsmouth - a much bigger store and with fantastic weather we're having right now and it being Easter Saturday, who knows how many people will be out shopping. As my father would say 'We'll see.'
Christine Mustchin

No comments:

Post a Comment