Monday 25 April 2011

Waterstone's revisited by Christine Mustchin

The Book signing at Waterstone's Portsmouth last Saturday had stiff competition - fantastic weather and a football match. I really was not at all sure how things would go but I sold all but 2 of the copies of From Nemesis Island. All the staff were very encouraging so thanks to them for that. As usual there was a friendly atmosphere and, despite it being a quiet day from the point of view of number of footfalls, I met a great variety of people and enjoyed talking to them about their book preferences and views on reading. Some were browsing to get ideas for library borrowing and some for their e-readers. I was happy to give out flyers to them. They say word of mouth is important in publicising your book though no one actually seems to know what makes this a success for an author. No more signings lined up yet but I might see if I can get one more in the future. Christine Mustchin

No comments:

Post a Comment