Tuesday 17 August 2010

Christine Mustchin - book signing

Delivered the posters and flyers to Waterstone's today in readiness for the book signing on 28 August. It's all beginning to feel very real and consequently I am delighted and apprehensive. I have been warned that 2-5pm if the busiest time, so I have from 11am to prepare myself. All the staff at Waterstone's Brighton have been so helpful and friendly, it has been a good experience so far. It's up to me on the day, of course. I've been told that a bowl of sweeties is okay and I have made up some bookmarks too. Essential to give something back if people are giving up their time to speak to you - even more so if they buy a book. It seems that over-ordering is the norm but that, depending on how many are left unsold, sometimes they get the author to sign a few copies and put on a display. They generally hold on to them for 3 months which seems more than fair to me. We'll just have to see how it all goes.

Meantime one more book sold according to Troubador website - wonder if it's Clapham again. I can only guess. Christine Mustchin.

No comments:

Post a Comment