Sunday 29 August 2010

Christine Mustchin - Waterstone's book signing

Well it's done. My first book signing. First of all thanks to the Waterstone's guys for being so helpful and welcoming and providing tips on how best to handle the signing. They advised going and talking to people so this is exactly what I did. Targeting the person to approach and then opening a conversation without appearing obtrusive was crucial. Just occasionally I got it wrong but mostly I found people very happy to talk about their experience of reading and interested in what I was doing. I managed to sell 25 out of the 30 books that Waterstone's had ordered and signed the remaining 5 for them to put on sale in the shop. It was hard work but worth it. Very tired today as I existed for over 6 hours on a small bottle of water, one banana and some chocolates. My choice as I didn't want to miss a moment. One great part of the day was a visit from my father who had made the journey by train to make sure he didn't miss the day. Peter took him out to lunch and then put him back on the train. Amazing and he had a chance to recommend the book to the over 65s in converstation with a journalist who wanted to offer it as a prize to this age group. Nothing like expanding horizons. Christine Mustchin.

No comments:

Post a Comment