Tuesday 31 August 2010

Christine Mustchin - another Waterstone's signing

First of all some thoughts on last Saturday's signing. I learnt how important the blurb on the back of the book is. When browsing it is usually the first thing people look at when they pick up a book. I guess that the cover and title are the deciders in whether to pick up the book or not but, after that, it seems to be the blurb that does the selling. And how difficult it is to get right - I can certainly vouch for that.

On the strength of the book sales on Saturday I phoned Waterstone's Haywards Heath branch and go a positive response to my enquiry about a book signing there - so much so that the date is already fixed for Saturday 9 October.

Meantime I am following up the bookshops and was delighted that City Books have sold the copy I left with them and have taken a second. It's so good to have a friendly local independent bookstore. They are becoming such a rarity nowadays. Christine Mustchin.

No comments:

Post a Comment