Monday 19 July 2010

Christine Mustchin - A birthday and books

A belated birthday lunch yesterday led to chatterings about the book launch. Out of the five of us only one (husband of my step sister) hadn't read my book. Husband Peter had read the book in various manifestations during the course of its writing and my father was the first to buy and read a pre-publication copy. I must have read it at some point I suppose but I have been suprised at finding out that other people have already bought it on the internet and read it. I am learning that the publication date (2 August) is a formality rather than an actuality now that on-line purchases are so common. Step-sister Marilyn asked about posting a reveiw on Amazon. Yes please, well if it's positive. They are all coming to the launch and it was so good to hear their enthusiatic support. Think I need to get some more bubbly. And, by the way, the lunch was extremely good - Hallidays in Funtington if you're ever passing.

Today I have been reflecting on google and other search engines. Once you have published something, your internet privacy has gone forever and, with an unusual surname such as I acquired through marriage, you can no longer kid yourself that there are any hiding places left. Got to get used to it! Christine Mustchin.

No comments:

Post a Comment