Friday 23 July 2010

Christine Mustchin - amazing

No not me, I'm not amazing - but today certainly has been pretty amazing.

1.The acquisitions librarian has accepted a copy of my book for Hove library and will order more for other Brighton branches if the uptake is good.
2.My local independent bookshop, City Books, has accepted a copy.
3.I have a confirmed booksigning on 28 August at Waterstone's in Brighton and the local paper The Argus has agreed to give it advance publicity. Matador are producing posters for me to advertise the event.
4.I have taken the first steps to getting the book reviewed (with trepidation I hasten to add - no one wants a bad review but, as I said before, it's got to be done.)

Amazing too what I've discovered by researching for book reviewers thorough the internet. There are just so many online reading groups and review groups. One American site was talking of reaching out to 3 million people! I had no idea of the extent of the phenomenon. Learning curves again!

And to end the day on a sartorial note, I went shopping for nautical type tee-shirts. Even found one acceptable to Peter! Christine Mustchin.

No comments:

Post a Comment