Saturday 31 July 2010

Christine Mustchin - post launch book promotion

Have been busy today emailing short news articles to Sussex Life and The Argus (local newspaper). I'm not optimistic that they will be published but you've got to try. I have entered a short piece about the launch on my author page on the Troubador website and sent off further details and photos for possible use on their website. The staff at Matador/Troubador have been great, not only in getting From Nemesis Island published but also in helping with the difficult task of marketing and promoting the book.

I promised some detail about the launch today so here goes.

I was pleased to hold it in Maritime House where I wrote the novel and I felt it was also appropriate because of the setting overlooking a port (one of the major locations in From Nemesis Island is a port in the Adriatic.) I wore a sailor style outfit to carry on this idea and forced my ever patient husband and daughter to do the same. Made the photos more interesting I thought, especially as we went out to the picnic area overlooking the harbour once the formalities inside were over.

The launch gave me a chance to thank people who had helped me achieve the publication of the book including staff at Maritime house, everyone at Matador publishers and, again, husband Peter and daughter Steph. Being able to say a few words about the book was important to me and I explained that it was written as a thriller with the aim of keeping the reader turning the pages. Some of the themes may be unfamiliar, and some well beyond what we will ever experience. There is, therefore, some explicit language and imagery but nothing was written without a basis in fact. The imagination merely places it in the context of the book's narrative. I hope those who read it will enjoy it, and if it provides something to think about as well, then that's great. Christine Mustchin

No comments:

Post a Comment